Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wordpaths--junior edition


I went to pick up my grandson at his pre-kindergarten class the other day. When I got there, his teacher took me aside and said, "Bill, we were naming things to be thankful for today. The list is over there on the wall. I want you to read it and see if you can tell me which word was Adam's." Here's what I saw:
Things we're thankful for:
Mom and Dad
Food
My house
Toys
Gravity
I stopped reading and looked over at Ms. Lynne. "Uh, how about gravity," I asked. "That's it," she said. She told me she thought maybe they had heard him wrong, or he didn't understand what he was saying. So she asked him to explain gravity to the class and tell why he was thankful for it. When he was finished, she said, all the kids and the teachers too were thankful for gravity, as am I, now. You? 

No comments: